Friday, May 23, 2014

A Breath Brushing Past




A Breath Brushing Past


Dark and starless the sky tonight…
memories were on my mind in reminiscent ways
that touch my soul…
I wonder
do their  thoughts
 dwell on me
on what  could have been
had only days and years and circumstance
been other then it was….

them… the hearts & souls
and fleeting connections
of those who brushed my life
for days or years or half-forgotten moments
that linger in the lost and found…

… the red-headed boy
who kissed me when I was 11
not sure why then … nor now either…he just did it…

all the many ‘gypsy’ kids I played with for a moment or a day
caravan park, river side… pulled up at the edge of an endless highway
that went on forever, yet was often empty…. heat-shimmers rising like spirits…

nameless faces that I’ve dated, empty encounters lacking connection…
… the bag lady at Central Station… does she remember me?
and those moments we spent in conversation
 drinking cheap & sweet black coffee…

do they remember me… and how our lives crossed paths
those moments we shared a heartbeat … a spontaneous laugh…
souls connected for a moment, in a breath brushing past;
sharonleeGoodhand©

2 comments:

  1. Wickedly haunting words here Sharonlee. You have a good memory, it's amazing how much we carry with us, who and what shapes us.
    Got goose bumps reading this, love it.
    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true, souls connected for a moment, a year, a lifetime... thanks Tee xx

    ReplyDelete